The photo at left, taken in 1909, shows the front of the C.B. Woodman Drug Store, which was located in the Warren Block on the corner of Main and Bridge streets. The business was established in 1896 by Charles B. Woodman at this location. Employees pictured here are, from left, Charles Vallee (father of Rudy Vallee), A. Boissonneau and Napolean Fournier. Charles Vallee purchased the buisness and it became known as Vallee Pharmacy, where Rudy worked for a time. The Warren Block was originally a 3 1/2-story building. The upper floors were destroyed in a spectacular fire on February 1942. Local contractor O.G.K. Robinson removed the damaged upper floors and repaired the first floor. The Vallee Pharmacy reopened and remiained in business under various owners into the 1970s. Aquatic Concepts currently occupies this area of the building. While originally called the Warren Block, through the years it has also been referred to as the Vallee Block and the Carr Block.
(Photos courtesy Mike Sanphy)